FAA Unmanned Aircraft System: We had discussed in our previous articles about Drones and Unmanned Aerial Vehicles. UAS or Unmanned Aircraft System is an aircraft without having any pilot on it. UAS is also called as Drone which can be controlled from the ground. Before flying Drones in any country, we need to know some set of FAA Unmanned Aircraft System Rules & Regulation. Especially, flying a drone in the US, it is the responsibility of the pilot to know all the rules. FAA (Federal Aviation Administration) has set some rules and regulation to fly any UAV or Drones.
Before knowing about the FAA Unmanned Aircraft System Rules and Regulations we must know about some of the safety guidelines to fly Drones.
Any pilot flying Drones or UAV either for hobby or any other purpose must abide by the certain rules and regulations:
- Fly Drones away from airports i.e. away from other aircraft
- Now this is most important or may be funny, keep your UAV / UAS within your sights
- Keep your Drone away from the group of people.
- Never fly your Drone above 400 feet
- Keep UAS away from surrounding obstacles
- Pilot must never be drunk or in influence of drugs
- Keep your Drone away from any place where any event is happening like stadiums or grounds etc
There are some Unmanned Aerial Vehicle FAQs been discussed on the official website of FAA: https://www.faa.gov/uas/faqs/.
Pilot may fly Drones for any of two purposes:
- Flying for Work or Business (non-recreational)
- Flying for Fun (recreational or hobby)
Pilot before flying Drones must have the knowledge and proper training. There are some FAA-approved Knowledge Testing Center. Below is the link where you can get the list of Testing Center: https://www.faa.gov/training_testing/testing/media/test_centers.pdf
For getting the training he/she should be eligible for getting training. Applicants must have the valid identification and documents. Both US Citizen and Non-US Citizen must have their respective eligible documents.
|U.S. Citizen and Resident Aliens||Non-U.S. Citizens|
FAA Unmanned Aircraft System Rules
So summarizing you must know these simple points before flying Unmanned Aerial Vehicle or Drones.
- Drone should not go far from your eyesight
- Use drones with fail-safe features
- Fly in open space with very fewer obstacles
- Fly away from peoples
- In case of emergency bring the drone as low as possible and make it fall
- Be calm and relaxed while flying drone
- Don’t loose track of Drone
Hope you liked the above article about FAA Unmanned Aircraft System Rules & Regulation PDF. How can we use it in various systems? If you liked the above-given article do share us on social networking like Facebook, Google, Twitter and others. You can also take the reference from our website www.dronepic.co.in.