Welcome Again! In this post we will discuss about the main part of the whole Quadcopter/Multirotors system. Here we will learn about What is RTL Mode? Return to Launch parameters for Multicopter UAVs. Before knowing about What is RTL Mode? Return to Launch parameters for Multicopter UAVs you must know the basics of Quadcopters or UAV or Multirotors. As we are discussing about What is RTL Mode? Return to Launch parameters for Multicopter UAVs so we must know about the system on which we want to implement it.
Content of Learning:
Generally during flying time we cannot estimate the battery power of drone so it can cause the crash of quad copter which is not feasible in general because it is very costly. To remove this problem from our quad copter we used the RTL mode which means return to launch mode. In this mode copter is navigated to hover over its home location.
What is RTL mode?
We can control RTL mode by various parameter like battery power, altitude,by giving particular path in google map etc. It is a GPS based mode where first we have to define quad copter’s home location by locking its GPS co-ordinate in google map and then can provide the path on map according to our battery power so that quad copter can fly without any damage. One important point in locking the home or quad’s initial location we have to keep it there for almost about 30 seconds otherwise home location will not be locked and we can face great problem in form of crash of quad or any damage in component.
Adjustable parameters in the RTL mode and these are:
- This is the minimum altitude which quadcopter will attain before returning back to the home position.
- Then set the return altitude between 1 to 7000 cm.
- The altitude that a quadcopter will attain just before doing return to launch
- To automatically land the quadcopter set this value to zero.
- This is the time until which the quad will hover over its home position. This time is in milliseconds.
- The range of the loiter time is 0-60,000 ms.
- The landing speed can be adjusted between 25-180 cm/sec.
- The default value of this is zero. The quadcopter will climb to this meters minimum at the first stage of return to launch.
- It sets the value how APM controls yaw during its mission.
Features in Drone/Multicopter
Among all features one is the battery power estimation feature. In which we measure the power of battery used in drone and fix a particular power or voltage from battery below which the quad copter will automatically comes in to RTL mode and it will comes to the home location already defined in GPS before take off of quad. Another factor is correct estimation of voltage or power provided by battery is required.
Hope you liked the above article about What is RTL Mode? Return to Launch parameters for Multicopter UAVs. How can we use it in various systems? If you liked the above given article do share us on social networking like Facebook, Google, Twitter and others. You can also take the reference from our website www.dronepic.co.in.